Visit some of Scotland’s most iconic countryside on our Scottish Glencoe and Loch Ness Day Tour from Edinburgh. We offer small group tours of up to 16 people to ensure you experience a lot of the hidden gems often missed on larger tours.
Please note that we can accommodate these tours as a private option too, if this is of interest please get in touch
Why Choose This Tour:
- Enjoy the Highland Perthshire town of Pitlochry.
- Visit Glencoe, don’t forget your camera, the non stop breathtaking views will provide endless photo opportunities.
- Make a stop in Aviemore (summer timetable)
- See if you can find Nessie at Loch Ness, stopping at Fort Augustus at the head of the Loch.
- 8am - Pick up from Chamber Street in Edinburgh (outside the National Museum of Scotland) and head for the Highlands
- Our first stop will be the quaint Perthshire Highland town of Pitlochry. Here you will find the Heathergems Factory which has free entrance and a range of lovely gift shops and coffee bistros to spend some time. There are also restroom facilities here but please note that they charge a small fee to use. We will spend aproximately 45 minutes here.
- We will then continue on to Fort Augustus passing through the Spectacular scenery of the Cairngorms making a stop at rest stop at Aviemore in the heart of the Cairngorms. We will stop in Aviemore for around 30 minutes and this gives you the opportunity to grab a light lunch as there is no official lunch stop on this tour. (in the winter months of November, December, January, February and March, we will not take this route due to daylight restrictions)
- Once we have arrived in Fort Augustus, we will stay here for 1 hour enjoying views of Loch Ness and the locks of the Caledonian Canal.
- Return to Edinburgh passing through Glencoe and the Trossachs. We will make a rest stops along the way.
- Arrive back in Edinburgh between 7 and 8pm.