Part of Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd

Private Tours of Scotland

CALL US ON +44 (0) 7496 198638

Discover the man behind the legend
Who was Wallace and what is his legacy?

Braveheart 3 Day Tour

Do you want to walk in the life of the legendary William Wallace? We start at his birthplace and make our way to his last point in Scotland before he met his grisly end. This is a 3 day tour which includes stops at Paisley Abbey, Stirling Castle and Falkirk etc. 


This tour is aimed at groups between 2 and 8 people. 

This Tour can depart from Glasgow and Edinburgh locations.

Why Choose this tour:

  • See William Wallace's Birthplace at Elderslie near Paisley
  • Take in the breathtaking architecture at Paisley Abbey where Wallace was educated.
  • Enjoy the picturesque Stirling and Trossachs scenery, arguably the best in the country.
  • See Stirling Castle, Bothwell Castle and Dumbarton Castle.
  • Enjoy traditional Scottish cuisine and drink at a number of authentic Scottish pubs and restaurants
  • 2 nights at a fantastic 4 star bed and breakfast accommodation in the Glasgow area

Wallace Scotland Tour Itinerary


Starting from the Glasgow or Edinburgh areas.

Day 1.

Visit Elderslie, the birthplace of Wallace. Although his house is a ruin, you can still get the feel of what the house would have looked like and marvel at the size of the rooms. To get the most out of the Elderslie experience, it best to visit in August on Wallace day. See Paisley Abbey nearby where William Wallace was educated.

Visit Lanark where you can still see the house remains where Wallace lived with his wife.

If time permits visit Bothwell Castle. The place where the English soldiers (elite) were kept as prisoners after Bannockburn.

Day 2.

Visit Stirling - The castle and the Wallace Monument in commemoration of Wallace’s victory at Stirling bridge. Bannockburn is also nearby and will provide information on the Wars of Independence that Wallace eventually sacrificed his life for.

Cambuskenneth Abbey is the next stop where it is said after Wallace was executed, his arm was sent to be hung up as a warning. The monks at the Abbey apparently took it down and buried it somewhere in the Abbey. It is said to be the only place in Scotland which houses a part of Wallace’s remains. It may only be rumour but the romance of a part of Wallace being there, certainly makes it a worthwhile stop.

Day 3

Visit Falkirk, the location of Wallace’s most significant defeat.

On the way back to Glasgow, visit Dumbarton castle where Wallace was held before taken to London for “trial”.

Terms and Conditions Apply

To book please select the button below:

Book Now!

 

*Please note that a standard booking fee of £5 will be charged on all online and telephone bookings.*

 

Date: Weekly Friday - Sunday

Duration: 3 days

 

£290 / $447 / 395 EUR per adult

£275 / $424 / 374 EUR per concession (student or senior)

£125 / $193 / 170 EUR per child (under 16)

 

25% deposit is required to process booking, the remaining 75% is required 1 week before tour date.

 

Please note the costs are according to the amount in British Pounds. The amount in US Dollars and Euros is subject to the exchange rate. Please check the current exchange rate conversions for up to date information.

 

Inclusions: This price includes guide on 3 day tour, bottled water and snacks.

Exclusions: The price does not include food and drink,  entrance fees and accommodation however we can assist you with this. We can reserve accommodation for you and you can pay the accommodation in cash on arrival date*. For entrance fees, please purchase an Explorer Pass or a Scottish Heritage Pass, it will save you a fortune.

 

*Accommodation is priced on average between £35 and £55 per person per night