Travel back in time with us on this day tour from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. We visit filming locations from Seasons Two and Three as we explore the visual delights of 18th century French costuming and not forgetting the magnificent gardens of Versailles.
This tour is an excellent addition to our Standard day tour which you can view HERE.
The tour lasts approximately 8 hours.
Online Booking and Cost.
If you cannot see the booking buttons, refresh your browser and try again. If you have further difficulty, contact us and we can assist you.
£55 per adult.
£50 per concession (student or senior).
The price includes guided transport as per the itinerary.
This tour does not include entrance fees, accommodation and meals.
Departure Points for the Outlander Tour:
- Glasgow: Meet 266 George Street, Glasgow.
- Edinburgh: Meet at Dalmeny Train Station - a 15-minute direct train ride outside Edinburgh city centre (skip the traffic)
Highlights of the Outlander Tour:
- Linlithgow Palace - Wentworth Prison in Season 1.
- Hopetoun House - The Paris Bedrooms in Season 2 and Duke of Sandringham's Residence in Season 1.
- Callendar House - Where the Duke of Sandringham loses his head in Season 2.
- Drummond Gardens - Gardens of Versailles.
Vivent Les Frasers Outlander Itinerary
- 8.45am Meet at 266 George Street in Glasgow where we aim to leave at 9 am sharp. We will then make our way to Dalmeny Train Station to pick up our Edinburgh guests for 10 am.
- We will then make the short journey to Linlithgow Palace which is a fantastic palace ruin, used by the Kings and Queens of Scotland. It was Wentworth Prison in Outlander. We will stay here for 1 hour.
- Afterwards, we make our way to nearby Hopetoun House, the location for many of the French scenes and the Duke of Sandringham's residence. We stay here for 1 hour and a half. There is also a fantastic tearoom here where you can enjoy some lunch at your leisure (not included).
- We will then make the trip to Callendar House in Falkirk. We visit here for the kitchen area, made famous in Outlander where Murtagh chops off Sandringham's head. The kitchen itself is also fascinating, and there are guides on hand to explain how the kitchen once was in the 18th and 19th centuries. We will only visit for 30 minutes.
- Finally, we will make our way to the Drummond Castle Estate where you can enjoy the gardens. For anyone with green fingers a visit here is a real delight, and for Outlander fans, it was the impressive Gardens of Versailles in the show. We will stay here for an hour.
- We then make our way back to Glasgow and Edinburgh where we say our goodbye's and haste ye back to Scotland soon!
Call us on +44 (0) 1475 779166 or book online today to reserve your space!