Experience many of the Outlander Filming locations on this day trip from either Glasgow or Edinburgh. It is perfect for fans who wish to see as many sites as you can when you only have a day to spare.
- Glasgow: Meet 266 George Street, Glasgow - We may be able to pick you up from your hotel, enquire for more information.
- Edinburgh: Meet at Dalmeny Train Station - a 15-minute direct train ride outside Edinburgh city centre (skip the traffic)
- Doune Castle (site of Castle Leoch and for Game of Thrones Fans; Winterfell and was also the scene for Monty Python’s Holy Grail)
- Culross (Crainesmuir)
- Falkland (site of Inverness), Culross (Black Kirk and Cranesmuir)
- Midhope Castle - Lallybroch (not always possible).
- Blackness Castle (Fort William and Crainesmuir)
- 8.45 Meet at 266 George Street in Glasgow where we aim to leave at 9 am sharp. We will then make our way to Dalmeny Train Station to pick up our Edinburgh guests for 10 am. Most of the Outlander sites are in this area so it will not impact our time in doing 2 pickups and we find it a more efficient way of allowing people to join a tour regardless of where they are staying.
- We will then make our way to Culross and plan to stay there for 30 minutes. (The scene of the black kirk and the gardens of Castle Leoch)
- Afterwards, we make our way for Falkland, the scene of Inverness, We stay here for 1 hour.
- We then make way for Doune Castle, the MacKenzie Castle. We stay here for 1 hour.
- It is now time for the piece de resistance as we visit Midhope Castle, otherwise known as Lallybroch. It is a private estate (and a ruin) and we will stay here for approximately 15 minutes.
- As per the books and the tv series, we then make way for Blackness Castle where we will stay for around 1 hour. It is a real delightful castle.
- We then make our way back to Glasgow and Edinburgh where we say our goodbye's and haste ye back to Scotland soon!
Call us on +44 (0) 1475 779166 or book online today to reserve your space!