3 Day Outlander Tour
Join us on this small group three-day Outlander Tour starting from Glasgow and Edinburgh!
Fans of the hit Starz series will have a fantastic trip visiting all the main filming locations including Lallybroch, Fort William, Castle Leoch, Crainesmuir, and Inverness.
What makes this three-day Outlander Tour of Scotland that extra bit special is that you get to stay for one night in the Scottish Highlands and visit the real locations featured in Diana Gabaldon’s novel, including real standing stones. If you ever dreamed of living a day in the life of Claire, this Outlander Tour from Edinburgh or Glasgow is for you!
Walk in the footsteps of Claire and find out about Scotland’s romantic past whilst taking in the most awe-inspiring scenery in the world. Will ye be a Jacobite or a Sassonach? Join us to find out!
Multi-day Outlander Tour Itinerary
- 8:45 am: Pick-up from 266 George Street in Glasgow, or Dalmeny Train Station at 10 am.
- Visit Blackness Castle (Fort William in Outlander) for one hour
- Visit Midhope Castle (Lallybroch) for 20 minutes
- Visit Falkland (Inverness) for lunch for one hour 15 minutes
- Visit Doune Castle (Castle Leoch) for one hour
- 8 am: Pick-up at 266 George Street in Glasgow and 9:30 am at Chamber Street in Edinburgh (outside the National Museum of Scotland)
- Visit Preston Mill (the mill scene) for 20 minutes
- Visit Hopetoun House (Duke of Sandringham’s Residence and Paris Bedrooms) for two hours
- Visit Linlithgow Palace (Wentworth Prison) for 45 minutes
- Stop at the Drovers Inn for dinner
- Photo stop at Glencoe
- Check in to Highland Accommodation in Fort William (not included in the price)
- 9 am: Check out of accommodations
- Visit the Glenfinnan Monument where Bonnie Prince Charlie arrived in Scotland for 30 minutes
- Visit Fort Augustus where you can see Loch Ness
- Visit Culloden for one hour
- Visit the Clava Cairns for 15 minutes
- Make way for Edinburgh, making one or two comfort stops along the way
- 6:30-7 pm: Arrive back in Edinburgh
- 8 pm: Arrive back in Glasgow
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Please wear closed, comfortable footwear