Outlander 7 Day Tour
Small group tours. Great for small groups and couples!
Experience all things Outlander on this tour that incorporates filming locations used in series 1 (and known locations used series 2 and 3) as well as featured locations in the books.
In a group no bigger than eight persons per tour, you are guaranteed a personalised experience to make the most of your trip and everything is done with laughter and recounts of both the television series and Diana Gabaldon’s genius in her writing ability. For the ultimate tour of Scotland with an Outlander twist, this seven-day tour is the perfect choice for your Scottish holiday.
Outlander Film Sites Tour of Scotland Schedule
- Day 1: Stay in Glasgow area. Make the first trip to Dean Castle (Dunure Castle, season 3) used in filming season 2 and experience an afternoon Outlander City Tour including Pollok Park (used in both season 1 and 2), Glasgow Cathedral (season 2) and George Square (used for London with Frank).
- Day 2: Make way for the Highlands passing Culross (crainesmuir and used in season 2), Doune castle and Glenfinnan where Bonnie Prince Charlie met his supporters and raised his father’s standard, the start of the 1745 Jacobite Uprising. We will stay in a Highland accommodation.
- Day 3: We make a trip to the Loch Ness where you can enjoy a trip like Claire and Frank (and later Bree, Roger and Claire) and a visit to Urquhart Castle mentioned in the book. We will then make a trip to the Culloden Battlefield and the Clava Cairns (real standing stones).
- Day 4: We depart from the hotel and make our way for Edinburgh stopping at the Highland Folk Museum (rent episode) on the way. On arrival, you can enjoy a dinner at the Worlds End pub which plays a pivotal role in books 2 and 3.
- Day 5: We make a day trip up to Dysart (Le Havre in season 2), Falkland (Inverness in Series 1), and Aberdour Castle (Saint Ann de Beaupre’s monastery).
- Day 6: Visit (another day trip from Edinburgh) Blackness Castle (Fort William), Lallybroch (Midhope Castle), Hopetoun House (Duke of Sandringham’s residence and also used in series 2), and the Glencorse Old Kirk (the wedding scene).
- Day 7: Visit Linlithgow Palace (Wentworth prison) and the Bo’ness Railway (used for wartime London scenes). If there is time, we can visit also the Preston Mill (where Jamie loses his shirt fixing the mill).
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Please wear closed, comfortable footwear