Outlander Day Trip: Glasgow
Great for lovers of the Outlander TV Series and Novels!
Are you a fan of the Outlander books or TV series? Join us on this day trip from Glasgow to some of the film locations, which are top attractions in their own right too.
Will you be Claire and find your own Jamie as we enjoy this tour? See sites from your favourite scenes of the show and retrace the character’s footsteps on this tour from Glasgow that’s as epic as their story. This Outlander Tour from Glasgow is a must for any Outlander fan!
Outlander Tour from Glasgow Highlights
- Doune Castle, the site of Castle Leoch
- Falkland, the site of “Inverness”
- Culross, the site of the Black Kirk and Cranesmuir
- Midhope Castle, where they filmed Lallybroch
- Blackness Castle, Black Jack Randall’s headquarters, Fort William and the prison of Jamie’s terrifying ordeal
- We provide bottled water, snacks, and a complimentary dram of Scotch whisky. If you have any allergies or intolerances, please let us know in the special requirements section upon booking.
- 8:45 am Meet at 266 George Street. We aim to leave at 9 am sharp. We then make our way for our pick-up at Dalmeny Station for 10 am
- We make our way to Culross and plan to stay there for 30 minutes. (The scene of the black kirk and the gardens of Castle Leoch)
- Afterwards, we make our way for Falkland, the scene of Inverness. We stay here for one hour and enjoy lunch (not included)
- We then make way for Doune Castle, the MacKenzie Castle. We stay here for one hour.
- It is now time for the piece de resistance as we visit Midhope Castle, otherwise known as Lallybroch. It sits on a private estate (and is a ruin), and we stay here for approximately 15 minutes.
- As per the books and the tv series, we then make way for Blackness Castle where we stay for around one hour. It is a real delightful castle.
- We then make our way back to Glasgow or Edinburgh where we say our goodbyes and haste ye back to Scotland soon!
- Glasgow: Meet at 266 George Street. We may be able to pick you up from your hotel; inquire for more information.
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees, around £15 per person
- Please wear closed-toe, comfortable footwear