Outlander Day Trip – Vivent Les Frasers: Edinburgh
Outlander Season 2 Tour!
Join us for this day trip from Edinburgh to some of the Outlander film locations, which are top attractions in their own right too, such as Linlithgow Palace and Hopetoun House.
Guided Outlander Sites of Scotland Tour Schedule
- Pick up at Dalmeny Train Station at 10 am.
- We then make the short journey to Linlithgow Palace, which is a fantastic palace ruin used by the Kings and Queens of Scotland. It was Wentworth Prison in Outlander. We will stay here for 1 hour.
- Afterwards, we make our way to nearby Hopetoun House, the location for many of the French scenes and the Duke of Sandringham’s residence. We stay here for 1.5 hours. There is also a fantastic tearoom here where you can enjoy some lunch at your leisure (not included).
- We then make the trip to Callendar House in Falkirk. We visit here for the kitchen area, made famous in Outlander where Murtagh chops off Sandringham’s head. The kitchen itself is also fascinating, and there are guides on hand to explain how the kitchen once was in the 18th and 19th centuries. We will only visit for 30 minutes.
- Finally, we make our way to the Drummond Castle Estate where you can enjoy the gardens. For anyone with green fingers, a visit here is a real delight, and for Outlander fans, it was the impressive Gardens of Versailles in the show. We stay here for an hour.
- We then make our way back to Glasgow and Edinburgh where we say our goodbyes and haste ye back to Scotland soon!
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Please wear closed, comfortable footwear
- Tours are capped at 8 people. If you have more than 8 people in your group, please contact us to check availability.
Slàinte Scotland Tours
Slainte Scotland / Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd
74 Davaar Road