Outlander Day Trip – Vivent Les Frasers: Glasgow
Outlander Season 2 Tour!
Join us for this day trip from Glasgow to some of the Outlander film locations, which are top attractions in their own right too, such as Linlithgow Palace and Hopetoun House.
Outlander Tour from Glasgow Schedule
- 8:45 am: Meet at 266 George Street in Glasgow where we aim to leave at 9 am sharp. We then make our way to Dalmeny Train Station to pick up our Edinburgh guests at 10 am.
- We then make the short journey to Linlithgow Palace, which is a fantastic palace ruin used by the Kings and Queens of Scotland. It was Wentworth Prison in Outlander. We stay here for one hour.
- Afterwards, we make our way to nearby Hopetoun House, the location for many of the French scenes and the Duke of Sandringham’s residence. We stay here for an hour and a half. There is also a fantastic tearoom here where you can enjoy some lunch at your leisure (not included).
- We then make the trip to Callendar House in Falkirk. We visit here for the kitchen area, made famous in Outlander where Murtagh chops off Sandringham’s head. The kitchen itself is also fascinating, and there are guides on hand to explain how the kitchen once was in the 18th and 19th centuries. We will only visit for 30 minutes.
- Finally, we make our way to the Drummond Castle Estate where you can enjoy the gardens. For anyone with green fingers, a visit here is a real delight, and for Outlander fans, it was the impressive Gardens of Versailles in the show. We stay here for an hour.
- We then make our way back to Glasgow and Edinburgh where we say our goodbyes and haste ye back to Scotland soon!
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Please wear closed comfortable footwear