We at Slàinte can't wait to guide you around Scotland
We are back – Tour Scotland with us
We are delighted to announce that we are now back and open for business. To make sure you are all safe during this time, we have introduced some safety measures that comply with all government requirements.
- From booking, you will receive a digital ticket which you can then use for a contactless check in. We are not accepting printed tickets at this time.
- We have reduced the capacity on our tours to ensure social distancing and your comfort. We are also operating a same seat policy for the duration of the tour. We are also limiting the amount of people on our tours from different households as per the government guidelines. Since we operate small group tours, this is not a difficult task. Our maximum group size is 10 persons.
- We have hand sanitisers in all our vehicles and at each stop, all touch points will be cleaned and sanitised by your guide.
- Your guides will be wearing masks at all times in the vehicle and we ask that our customers wear masks too. We will have spare disposable masks for no extra charge if required.
- Our vehicles are hygienically cleaned after each tour and we are asking our guests not to eat and drink while travelling in our vehicles.
- Last, but certainly not least, although we usually love to hug and shake hands with our guests, at the end of every tour, we will be air hugging from a distance.
Important information about the visitor attractions on our tours
As Scotland slowly starts to open up, the places we visit have also had to take their own measures to operate safely. Since we do not include entrance fees in our tour price, we are asking all of our guests to book their entrances online in advance of booking. We will let you know which time slot and so on to book in each tour booking information. To avoid disappointment, it may be an idea to check that the attractions are available for the dates you wish to travel before booking a tour with us.
The attractions we work with all require advance booking; and credit card and cash facilities onsite are not available. This also goes for customers who have special heritage and historic passes. Your guides will also not be able to go inside the properties with you as spaces are already limited but be rest assured, you will still receive the appropriate advice and history of each site from your guide before you enter. We will make sure that during this strange time, you will still receive this best experience while on tour with us.
We cannot wait to see you and if you have any questions about any of the measures above, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Virtual Tours of Scotland
We are now conducting Virtual Tours of Scotland while there are still travelling restrictions around the work. These will be conducted over the Zoom platform where, for a small fee, you can join in on the tour and experience the delights of each excursion from the comforts of your own home. We know that many of you were so looking forward to visiting Scotland this year and although it will never be as good as the real thing, it is still a great way to enjoy the best that Scotland has to offer. Catriona will also be joined on occasion by a special co-host who will add a little something something to the event. They will be a number of experts in an area, language, history and or have some beautiful musical talents to entertain you all with too.
If you cannot join the tour because of other time commitments, you can have access to it, again for a small fee, and Catriona will send you a special private Youtube link. There you can still ask any questions you may have about the itinerary and or any subjects we are discussing. Catriona will be regularly monitoring the comments.
A little information about Catriona: Catriona is a Scottish tour guide and genealogist for the past 7 years. Prior to that she used to run a website dedicated to Scottish tourism, there are few things that she hasn’t toured or covered.
She also runs a group called the Scottish History Police as well in her spare time and is known to have a good ghost story up her sleeve too.
So come away in, join one of the tours, listen in to one of her tales and history casts. Take a wee dram, close your eyes and let her transport you out of the stresses and worries of 2020.
During these unprecedented times, any support is welcome.
Slàinte Scotland Tours
Slainte Scotland / Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd
74 Davaar Road