Edinburgh City Cruise Tour
Great way to explore Edinburgh in a day!
Visit the Scottish Capital City and its famous sites such as Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Yacht Britannia, and The infamous Mary Kings Close in the bowels of the city.
- Excludes all entrance fees and meals
- Elements of this tour are unsuitable for children under 10, such as Mary Kings Close. If you have children of this age, we can arrange alternative itineraries for your group such as a visit to Camera Obscura instead
- Edinburgh is a pedestrian city, and as such this Scotland shore excursion is not suitable for those with restricted mobility, especially in the Festival Season in August when much of the Mile is closed to vehicles
- Tours are capped at 8 people. If you have more than 8 people in your group, please contact us to check availability.
- 8:30: Pick-up from Edinburgh Port
- 9:10: Walk towards the Royal Mile and up to the Castle via Grey Friars and The Elephant House (birthplace of Harry Potter)
- 9:30: Tour of Edinburgh Castle (an hour and a half)
- 11:30: Walk down the mile towards St Giles for a quick visit
For those that want to see Mary Kings Close please book your tickets in advance for 12:00. If you do not wish to visit Mary Kings Close you have the option to explore the Royal Mile or visit Holyrood Pallace (if the Queen is not in residence)
Please book Mary Kings Close here:
- 13:15: Lunch on the Royal Mile
- 14:00: Everyone has to be back with the guide for the transfer to the Royal Yacht Brittania
- 14:30: Royal Yacht Brittania
- 16:30: Back at the port.
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, and your Historic Environment Scotland Explorer Pass for Edinburgh Castle (recommended) for the entrance fees
- Please wear closed, comfortable footwear
Slàinte Scotland Tours
Slàinte Scotland, Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd
14 Crawfurd Street
Greenock, Inverclyde PA15 1LJ