Stirling, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs Cruise Excursion
Cruise Excursion from Greenock (Glasgow) Port
Join us on this cruise excursion from Greenock (Glasgow) Port, which incorporates Stirling Castle, the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond, and more.
About the Stirling Castle, Trossachs and Loch Lomond Tour
You will be guided on a tour that allows you to experience the best of what Scotland is known for – history, castles, lochs, mountains and that all-important traditional tavern with local beer and Scottish cuisine. You will enjoy the formidable fortress of Stirling Castle, the hills and glens of the Trossachs, the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond, come up close to our friendly Highland Cows and eat or drink in a place that was visited by none other than Rob Roy MacGregor himself.
All our tours include a knowledgeable guide and return port transfers. The tour does not include entrance fees, meals, and alcoholic drinks.
Stirling Castle Shore Excursion Highlights:
- Visit Stirling Castle, one of the most significantly historic castle’s in the country and really quite “fit for a Queen”.
- Explore the Trossachs including Loch Lubnaig and some Highland Cows at Kilmahog
- Enjoy a real Scottish pint in none other than the Drovers Inn, a quirky infamous rest stop that has been frequented by travellers since 1705.
- See the stunning banks of Loch Lomond
- Pick up from Greenock Port and make way for Stirling Castle. We aim to arrive at Stirling before it opens at 9.30am – 10am to save having to queue. We will most likely arrive a little early and will take the opportunity in this case to enjoy the views and monuments outside the castle. We hope for you to visit for at least 1 hour and a half. (entrance not included)
- We will then make our way for Kilmahog to see the Highland Cows for a brief stop and then a quick stop at the beautiful Loch Lubnaig. We aim to be at the Drovers Inn where we will have our lunch for 1pm (not included)
- Once at the Drovers Inn, you can enjoy the atmosphere and the beautiful waterfalls and scenery which can be seen from here. You can also take your picture with the bear inside. The waiters wear kilts too.
- You will then make the journey back to the ship making a stop at Inveruglas which has, arguably the best views of Loch Lomond. This will be a brief photo opportunity.
- If there is time, you will make a stop at the Lyle Hill in Greenock which has a panoramic view of much of the Clyde Coast.
- Arrive back at the ship. We aim to be back 1 hour and a half before you ship leaves to allow for any potential traffic and delays.
Please note: Please see your ticket time for when we wish you to meet at the Port. Each available “date” in our availability calendar is specific to your own ship’s schedule.
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Please wear closed-toe, comfortable footwear
- The start time is indicated on your ticket. We ask that you make a prompt departure from your ship. Your guide will be waiting for you at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
- Tour lasts around 6 – 8 hours traffic depending.
- Times are dependent on local traffic conditions, and Slàinte Scotland cannot be held responsible for any delays.
- Tours are capped at 8 people. If you have more than 8 people in your group, please contact us to check availability.
- This tour may not suitable for those with mobility restrictions. If you have a mobility issue, please contact us to see how we can assist before booking the tour.
- You will be transported in a clean and comfortable vehicle with air conditioning
- Entrance fees are NOT included in this tour. We recommend purchasing a Historic Environment Explorer Pass if you are visiting more than one Scottish Port, please get in touch to see if this will benefit you.
The paid activities which are not included in our tour price are:
2) Member/Explorer Pass holder: FREE (the explorer pass is only worth it if you are planning to visit 2 or more Historic Scotland properties)
Child aged 5–15: £9.60
Child under 5: FREE
Concession (60+ years and unemployed): £12.80
(these prices are subject to change)
Credit cards accepted
3) Lunch – Drovers Inn
Usually around £10 – £15 per person depending on what you order
Credit cards accepted
Tour Departs from the Greenock Port Exit on Patrick Street
Please see following map:
Slàinte Scotland Tours
Slàinte Scotland, Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd
14 Crawfurd Street
Greenock, Inverclyde PA15 1LJ