Edinburgh Military Tattoo Tour from Edinburgh
Great way to experience Edinburgh and the Military Tattoo in a day!
This Tattoo Tour brings you to Stirling Castle and Doune, for a castle or distillery tour, before dropping you in Edinburgh in time for the Military Tattoo show.
The two Edinburgh ports that this tour operates from is South Queensferry Port and Newhaven Port. Please note both of these ports are tender ports.
The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-famous event that broadcasts to around 100 million people all over the world. The first Tattoo took place in 1950 and it has become one of the main reasons thousands of tourists flock to the Edinburgh in August. For this reason, on a few of the event dates, the cruise lines have added a longer stay at Edinburgh Ports to allow for their passengers to experience this Edinburgh event.
Clyde Coast Tourism now offers Tattoo tours that bring you safely to the event and transport you back at least one hour before your ship leaves. If you would like us to assist you in purchasing your tattoo tickets, please let us know. Alternatively, you can book your tickets here.
Edinburgh Tattoo Cruise Excursion Schedule
- Our tour departs from either Newhaven or South Queensferry Port in Edinburgh
- We make our way to Stirling Castle and the gorgeous town of Doune, where you will enjoy either a distillery tour or a visit to Doune Castle, which was made famous in Outlander, Game of Thrones, and Monty Python
- We then make our way to Edinburgh in plenty of time for the show, at 7:20 pm
- For any of our guests who have mobility problems, please let us know since access is restricted to all vehicles on the Royal Mile. We will be able to organise transport to the event in a special convoy. (Not available on Saturday showings)
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
Slàinte Scotland Tours
Slainte Scotland / Clyde Coast Tourism Ltd
74 Davaar Road