Jacobites and Scottish Highlands Discovery Tour from Glasgow
Great way to explore Scotland!
Visit the Scottish Highlands on this day trip from Glasgow for a full day of sightseeing in a relaxed and personal atmosphere. You'll see Culloden Battlefield, The Highland Folk Museum, 4000-year-old standing stones and more!
We ensure that you have a stress-free trip while learning about the 1745 Jacobite Uprising. We have experienced guides who can tell you stories and show you some hidden gems often missed. Departing from Glasgow, this Jacobite and Highlands Experience Tour is a must-do on any Scotland holiday.
Scottish Highlands and Culloden Battlefield Tour from Glasgow
Join us on this fantastic day tour from Glasgow. On this tour, you will have the opportunity to visit beautiful Highland locations as well as discover the history that has left its mark on the countryside. Learn about who the Jacobites were, their cause and how people in the Scottish Highlands once lived. Led by a knowledgeable guide, you will be sure to have a fantastic trip while you enjoy each location’s unique history in the area’s breathtakingly beautiful scenery.
All our tours include a knowledgeable guide, bottled water and light refreshments in the vehicle. The tour does not include entrance fees, meals, and alcoholic drinks.
Scottish Highlands and Culloden Battlefield Tour from Glasgow Highlights
- The Perthshire Highland Town of Pitlochry, full of quaint 19th century Architecture which inspired the tourists from the Victorian Era, including Queen Victoria herself.
- The Highland Folk Museum – an open-air museum where you can experience how people in the Highlands once lived including the 18th century village which was used to film the “Rent Episode” in Outlander Season 1.
- Culloden Battlefield and Visitor Centre, the location of the Jacobite defeat which was the last pitched battle in Britain.
- Clava Cairns, 4000-year-old burial cairns and standing stones in a peaceful and atmospheric setting.
- The beautiful forest, waterfalls and folly at the Hermitage in Dunkeld.
Scottish Highlands and Culloden Battlefield Tour from Glasgow Itinerary
The Scottish Highlands and Culloden Battlefield tour departs promptly each day from 266 George Street outside the “Parish Halls” Buildings. Please see the map for the exact location and direction assistance at the bottom of this page. The tour day around 12 hours traffic depending.
- 7am: Pick up at 266 George Street, Glasgow
- Stop in Pitlochry for a rest stop with the option of visiting the Heathergems Factory which has free entry.
- Visit the Highland Folk Museum (only available in the summer season) which was where the rent episode in Outlander took place.
- Visit Culloden Battlefield and visitor centre, we also tend to have lunch here in the Visitor Centre cafe. You will enjoy the Vistor centre in your own time and then be led onto the battlefield for a tour with your guide.
- Visit the Clava Cairns (4000-year-old standing stones).
- Visit the beautiful Hermitage in Perthshire.
- Arrive back in Glasgow for around 7pm
Entrances for the above are not included.
- The tour lasts 12 hours.
- Times are dependent on local traffic conditions, and Slàinte Scotland cannot be held responsible for any delays.
- Slàinte Scotland cannot be held responsible for any site closures and suitable alternatives will be offered.
- Tours are capped at 20 people.
- This tour is not suitable for those with mobility restrictions.
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Scottish Heritage Pass for entrance fees
- Please wear closed, comfortable footwear
Costs not included in the tour:
- Adult £11.00
- Family £27.00
- One adult family £22.00
- Concession £9.50
(these prices are subject to change)
Credit Cards accepted
You are welcome to bring a packed lunch on this tour however if you decide to have a paid lunch at the Culloden Battlefield, you can choose from their menu of soups, sandwiches and hot meals.
Credit Cards accepted